Benefit Cosmetics threw a totally cute birthday bash & blog launch for me.
The party was hosted by the bubbly Nadine Madarang (Instagram: nadinemadarang).
From fun games to sweet and savory treats, it was truly a girl’s dream come true.
Check out the personalized snacks and dessert buffet prepared by Cantino (Instagram: cantino13). We all didn’t want to touch or eat anything from the table because everything was just too pretty… and cute!!!
Time for another game. Look at their faces. Haha so competitive.
Prizes and goodie bags c/o Benefit Cosmetics.
A big THANK YOU to my family and friends and of course to Kriska Ramos (P.R. Manager) and the whole Benefit Team. What a fun way to celebrate my 28th birthday.
I love you guys!
Let’s face it. Good quality makeup brushes can be expensive so learning how to properly clean them is one of the best ways to protect your investment. There are 2 brush cleaning options: a quick-dry method (perfect for makeup pros or on-the-go girls) or a more thorough wet wash.
QUICK DRY METHOD
- Makeup brush cleaner
- Facial issue of soft towel
- Put some makeup brush cleaner on to the tissue/towel. Personally, I use the Parian Spirit Professional Makeup Brush Cleaner since it has powerful cleaning properties that dissolve all types of makeup products including powder, liquids, wax-based products and adhesives. Plus, it has this orange scent that’s so calming and refreshing.
- Swirl your makeup brush unto it. Domed and round brushes can be swirled while flatter ones can be dragged from side to side.
- Repeat the process until you see no residue on the towel.
This cleaning method is only done when there is limited time. It’s important to deep clean your brushes to remove all the makeup residue. Nippon Esthetic Philippines is the exclusive distributor of Parian Spirit Professional Makeup Brush Cleaner. For contacts: email@example.com | nipponesthetic.com | @nipponph.
DEEP CLEAN METHOD
- Dishwashing liquid
- Soft towel
- Begin by running your brushes under lukewarm water, rinsing out all the residual makeup. Keep in mind not to wet the part where the bristles meet the handle as this can loosen the glue overtime.
- Squeeze a pea-size amount of shampoo/dishwashing liquid on your palm. Then swirl your brush to work up a lather. I use shampoo for powdered brushes while dishwashing liquid can be used for concealer and foundation brushes since oil-based makeup are harder to remove.
- Rinse the brush tip under running water once again. Repeat step 2 until the water runs clean from the brush.
- Gently squeeze while reshaping the brush on its original form. Don’t be rough with it.
- Set your brushes on a clean towel and make sure that the bristles are over the edge so they get a 360-dregree air circulation. This way, you won’t get odd shaped bristles like you would if you set it down on a flat surface.
Wet washing can be done every after 2 weeks but for professional makeup artists, brushes should be thoroughly washed after every single client. And there you have it! Clean and good smelling makeup brushes. 🙂